“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” Ephesians 6:13 https://www.bible.com/bible/1/EPH.6.13
Here we are again .
Standing is a combination of different factors that cause an action. First there is an action in the brain that utilizes the nerves to send a message thru the body, than that nerve message must connect with the faculties in the feet legs, knees, spine etc.
What happens when there is no response to the message that gave an instruction.
Have you ever been in a situation where you just froze. Your mind is saying move, but your body is not responding. We’ll get back to that later. Just think on that.
First the scripture says
“wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,”
The armour of god is as followed,
1- Helmet of Salvation
2- Breastplate of Righteousness
3- Loins girt with Truth
4- Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace
5- Shield of Faith
6- Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God
The scripture tell us first to apply these items upon ourselves prior to doing any act of standing. In fact the next part of this verse tells us, that we must put on the whole armour of God. Why should we put on Peace, Faith, Truth, Salvation, righteousness and the Word first.
Peace = Victory
Faith = Complete Trust and Confidence
Truth = Jesus, Standard, Character
Salvation = Deliverance, Victory
righteousness = Free from Guilt, Free from Sin
Word = Rhema, Logos. The spoken and expression of God. Jesus is the Word. Scriptures
We must put these on in order to do what exactly.
Well the scriptures tells us in this same verse
” that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day”
We must first be able to withstand in order to fully completely stand.
- to resist
- to stand up against
- to remain
Now I’m starting to understand why he says next “having done all to stand”, because it’s a fight to remain.
- This walk that we walk all starts with standing. Now we see that in order to stand there must be a withstanding. Naturally when we are getting ready to stand or in the act of standing we must withstand or resist the oppositions that try to prevent us from obtaining an upright position. As we already understand that the enemy came to kill, steal and destroy. The enemy wants to distract you from your goals. He desires to prevent you from standing on the word. So what does he do, he causes obstructions or health conditions, pains, weight etc to keep you from standing. If he can destroy your will to stand or steal your strength to stand than he has been victorious in his efforts. Don’t forget the enemy wants you not to trust in God, so if he can influence so must adversity and place so many problems in your life than you will lose the ability to want to stand or try God. We as preachers always tell people to stand on the promises of God, but if there are things that prevent you from doing that than most people say I’m not gonna try. Most cases people give up. It’s not so much that the devil wants you to choose him, but if he can get you to deny God, that’s his victory. But victory belongs to God. In life we experience natural injuries, stumbles etc over time. The same in being a Christian we may stumble at times, we will fall short. We make mistakes. It’s when we focus more on the negative that prevents us from moving forward. Life will throw you punches and kicks and will try and knock you down. But if we just keep moving forward no matter what may come our way, or just get back up and continue moving than we will get to our destination. Sometimes we feel like we can’t stand because;
- there’s no more fight in us,
- it’s too painful to move.
- we’ve done so much wrong
- too much weight on or against us
- can’t think clearly
- emotionally weak
- victim of molestation
- abusive relationships
- rape or feeling victimized
- been beat so much
These are situation which are obstructions to us that we must resist. The area where we must fight is in the spirit. We must not allow the enemy to get into our heads our hearts our emotions. We must withstand the tricks of the enemy. Meaning we must resist the attacks of the enemy the trickery. That’s why scripture tells us to watch as well as pray.
” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
Give or yield yourself to the authority of God the father. This is reuniting yourself to the family of God. Receiving salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.
” There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit”
So put on your armour and resist the enemy.
When the enemy tells you your too weak, you tell him
2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall i fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall i be afraid?
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
See this is how we fight, this is how we withstand and stand against the enemy. Using the word of God. Standing first on that solid rock which is Jesus.